Therapy for Travelers & Expats
Traveling and Mental Health
Traveling is one of the most meaningful experiences a person can have. It provides unparalleled opportunities for connection, self-awareness and growth. It also has the potential to take the earth out from under your feet, and cause extreme feelings of isolation, loneliness, anxiety, stress and depression.
You may also have found that your problems came with you on your journeys. I can help you find ways to manage difficult feelings, deal with depression and anxiety, and practice lots of self-compassion so that you can still find fulfillment from your travel experience.
Thankfully, technology has advanced so much that you can find support on the go. I offer online counseling services that you can access through your computer or mobile app anywhere in the world where you have wifi or data.
Here are some ways online counseling can help:
- Learn self-care and coping skills to deal with travel related stress (you are not limitless, learn to listen to your needs)
- Understand your travel style (maybe being a nomad increases your anxiety - let's find another way!)
- Find new ways to deal with conflict in relationships (travel fights are the worst)
- Reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness (especially when doing solo travel)
- Manage mental health symptoms (depression, anxiety, etc)
Try online Therapy for Free
Free 20 minute initial consultation
Online therapy in New York - Online therapy in Texas - Online therapy in Colorado - Online therapy for persons outside the U.S.